Job Offer at La Seizième
Théâtre la Seizième, the main professional french-language theatre company in BC, is currently looking for a communications officer.
SALARY: $22 to $25 per hour, based on experience (32.5 hours a week). The communications officer will occasionally be required to work on evenings and weekends.
START DATE: June 23, 2019
END OF CONTRACT: June 30, 2020, renewable
- Developing the communications plan for the season and the communication strategies for each show;
- Producing the communication tools needed, with the support of the providers;
- Managing media relations;
- Managing the website and the social media presence for the company;
- Maintaining and enhancing the mailing lists and the databases;
- Creating documents, writing articles and various types of messages;
- Planning cultural outreach and promotional activities;
- Developing partnerships to increase the exposure of the company and broaden audiences;
- Representing the company at various events;
- Measuring the impact of marketing initiatives and marketing and carrying out the necessary assessments;
- Participating in greeting the audience;
- Participating in the writing of grant applications, as needed.
The selected candidate will report to the Artistic and Managing Director.
- A university degree in communications or a related field;
- A minimum of three years of experience in a communications position;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proven skills in public relations and community management;
- An excellent mastery of the French language, and great proficiency in English.
- Familiarity with the artistic community an asset;
- Skills in graphic design an asset;
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Organized, enterprising, creative and strategy-oriented character;
- Knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Mail . Familiarity with the Adobe Suite an asset.
Please email your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: email@example.com.
Only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not call.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 24, at 5 PM (Pacific Time).