Job offer: Interim Artistic and Managing Director
In light of our Artistic and Managing Director’s upcoming maternity leave, we are looking for candidates for the interim position. You will lead a dynamic company with multiple projects. By offering powerful experiences which reflect the francophone performing arts scene, both here and further away, we look to inspire, enrich, and bring audiences together. We offer a healthy and respectful work environment, health benefits, and flexible working hours.
SALARY: $ 52 000 to $ 65 000 per year, commensurate with experience – Full time
CONTRACT LENGTH: From January 4th, 2021 to February 4th, 2022 (13 months)
Under the authority of the board of directors, the Interim Artistic and Managing Director works in collaboration with the administrative director to fulfill the mandate, as well as the artistic, strategic and financials goals of the company. They will elaborate artistic programming and projects which reflect the company’s values of openness, risk, and passion. They will lead the organization, the artistic community, and the francophone community of British Columbia with positivity.
The right candidate will have thorough artistic experience and the capacity to develop important partnerships. Their professional practice will have allowed them to develop analytical capacities and financial management skills for the sound governance of the company. They will also demonstrate competency in internal communication and public relations, in team leadership, and organizational management. Finally, the selected candidate will be established in Vancouver for the length of their contract.
- Ensures the continued growth and fulfillment of the multi-year strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the board of directors, they are responsible for the financial decisions, to ensure the company’s solvency and financial stability.
- Organizes and participates in annual general meetings.
- Supervises and contributes to the company’s grant writing efforts.
- Oversees the successful development of infrastructure and acquisition projects.
- They are responsible for the company’s hiring of staff and contractors.
- Supervises and orients the work of employees and contractors, as well as evaluates their progress.
- Contributes to the establishment and implementation of fundraising efforts.
- Oversees the smooth execution of the 20-21 season.
- Plans the 21-22 season and its corresponding budget.
- Contributes to the artistic planning of subsequent seasons.
- Develops cultural initiatives and pertinent development opportunities for artists.
- Negotiates the various contracts needed for the artistic season to run.
- Hires and supervises the creative teams and any support staff needed for the realisation of artistic projects.
- Develops and cultivates strong relationships with the pool of local artists.
- Develops partnerships and rich relationships with local, national and international performers.
- Acts as spokesperson for Théâtre la Seizième with the media, with different levels of government, with public and private organizations, as well as with the audiences.
- Ensures the active presence of the company in the francophone community, and alongside other artistic associations.
- Supports and orients the development of marketing strategies and communication plans.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar or connected role.
- Significant experience in artistic positions in professional theatre.
- Demonstrates capacities in management, administration, and in production.
- Excellent knowledge of the artistic scene and its challenges, in British Columbia, francophone Canada, and in Quebec.
- Proficiency in Canada’s two official languages (French and English, spoken and written)
- Leadership, versatility and creativity.
- Knowledge of productivity software, social media, and ideally, the following tools: Quickbooks, Slack, Air Table, Monday, Zoom.
HOW TO APPLY?
To submit an application, please send a letter of motivation alongside your CV to the attention of the board’s president, Mr. Jean-Pierre Gauthier, to the following email address email@example.com
Théâtre la Seizième seeks to have competent and diversified staff. The candidacy of any qualified person is welcome. Every submission will be dealt with confidentiality.
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline to apply is November 22nd, 2020.