We’re hiring: Administrative Director
Théâtre la Seizième is seeking candidates to take over the position of Administrative Director. You will work to ensure the healthy financial administration of a dynamic company with multiple projects and will support its short and long-term viability. We offer a healthy and respectful work environment, health benefits, and flexible working hours.
REMUNERATION: $52,000 to $57,000 a year, based on experience – Full time (35 hrs/week)
START OF CONTRACT: August 21st, 2023
The Administrative Director will work under the supervision and in close collaboration with the Artistic and Managing Director while ensuring the healthy financial administration of the company. The Administrative Director will support the short and long-term viability of the company.
- Oversee progress, accomplishment, and renewal of the company’s multi-annual strategic plan of operations
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and manage the administrative and financial operations of the company
- Compile and provide financial reports and appropriate statistics to the Artistic and Managing Director, as well as to funding bodies and partners
- Coordinate and write grant applications and reports
- Supervise and be responsible for fundraising campaigns and the financial growth of the company
- In collaboration with the Artistic and Managing Director, hire and supervise employees
- In collaboration with the Artistic and Managing Director, negotiate, prepare contracts, and ensure their follow-up
- In collaboration with the production manager, ensure communication between the administrative, artistic and technical departments
- Develop, establish and ensure respect of the company’s policies, measures, and procedures as well as those fixed by laws, rules, and industry standards
- Represent the company at various events
- Identify, initiate and realize projects that contribute to the fulfillment of the company’s objectives
- In collaboration with the production manager, create box office, bar, and pre-show schedules
- Other administrative or production tasks according, as needed
- Knowledge of the cultural sector and a passion for theatre. Knowledge of British Columbia’s and Canada’s francophone theatre scene is an asset
- University degree in administration, management, production, or any other relevant field
- Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 3 years
- Bilingual (French and English), excellent spoken and written skills
- Organization skills, efficiency, multitasking, independence, versatility, initiative, and ability to work in a team
- Valid Canadian work permit
- Excellent knowledge of common computer software. Knowledge of the following software is a plus: Microsoft Office, OneDrive and Teams, QuickBooks, Airtable, GSuite, ticketing software (Tuxedo)
- A welcoming, dynamic and motivating work environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Two weeks of holidays per year, three after 3 years of employment
- A health benefits plan
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter in French detailing your interest in this position, by email to email@example.com. We will contact candidates to be interviewed. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Théâtre la Seizième is keen to have a competent and diverse staff. Applications from any qualified individuals are welcome. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: extended to August 8, 2023, 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)