We are hiring: Communications Officer
You’re passionate by the arts, strategic, bilingual and resourceful? Join our team. We offer a stimulating work environment where creativity, initiative and versatility are valued. You will work for a dynamic company with multiple projects that aims to share the best of francophone theatre.
REMUNERATION: $37,000 to $43,000 depending on experience (35 hours per week). The communications officer will be asked to work some hours on weekends and evenings.
CONTRACT LENGHT : March 2020 to June 31st, 2021, renewable
- Develop communication plans and strategies for the company, seasons and shows
- Create the necessary communication tools, with the input of the suppliers
- Be responsible for public relations
- Be responsible for maintaining the company’s social media platforms, with the goal of developing and maintaining a virtual audience
- Augment and maintain the mailing list and the data base
- Write documents, articles and diverse messages
- Plan cultural mediation activities and promotion
- Develop relationships allowing the promotion of the company and/or audience development
- Measure the impact of the marketing strategies and prepare the proper reports
- Be available for welcoming audience members
- Manage the communications budget
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Artistic and General Director.
- University degree in communications, arts, media or in a related field
- A minimum of two years in a communications position
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrable public relations skills and community management experience
- Excellent French and English language abilities
- Knowledge and/or interest for arts and culture is an asset
- Ability to work with graphic software is an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team and also in an individual manner
- Organized, enterprising, strategic, and creative
- Able to work with: Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, Monday (asset)
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter in French detailing your interest in this position, by email, at: email@example.com. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Deadline for applications is February 2nd, 2020, at 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).