Job offer: Communications Manager
Do you have a strong background in communications, enjoy developing new promotional content and partnerships, are creative, a fan of social media and the performing arts? The position of Communications Manager at La Seizième is waiting for you!
START OF CONTRACT: October 16th, 2023
Summary of position
Reporting to the Artistic and Managing Director, the Communications Manager of Théâtre la Seizième is someone who excels in interpersonal communication, is proficient in French, and demonstrates initiative and creativity. The Communications Manager is responsible for, among other things, developing and implementing communication plans and strategies, managing the website and social media, and cultivating partnerships to enhance the company’s visibility. In the course of their work, the position holder is expected to collaborate closely with the existing team, particularly with the Audience Manager.
Summary of responsibilities
- Develop the communication strategy for the company, the season, and the performances
- Ensure the production of necessary communication and promotional tools
- Develop content and manage the company’s website and social media
- Write documents, articles, and various messages in both French and English, including press kits, show kits, and press releases
- Manages press relations; negotiates, prepares, and manages media agreements; solicits and manages interview requests
- Plan cultural outreach and promotional activities
- Develop partnerships aimed at promoting the company and expanding its audience
- Measure the impact of marketing actions and conduct necessary assessments
- Participate in grant application writing, as needed
- Develops an annual sponsorship plan and establishes financial partnerships based on defined objectives
Requirement and professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, arts, media, or a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in a communications role
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated abilities in public relations and community management
- Excellent proficiency in French and excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge and/or demonstrated interest in the artistic field, particularly in the performing arts
- Graphic design skills are an asset
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Organized, proactive, creative, and strategic
- Holds a work permit in Canada
- Knowledge of the following software/applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Adobe Suite, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, AirTable (an asset)
- Full-time permanent contract – 35 hours per week; flexible hours
- Two weeks of holidays per year, three after 3 years of employment
- A health benefits plan
- A welcoming, dynamic and motivating work environment
- Starting Annual Salary – $45,000 to $48,000 per year, depending on experience
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter in French detailing your interest in this position, by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only contact candidates to be interviewed. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Théâtre la Seizième is keen to have a competent and diverse staff. Applications from any qualified individuals are welcome. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: September 24th, 2023, 11:59PM, Pacific standard time.