Job offer: Communications Manager
Do you have a strong background in communications, enjoy developing new promotional content and partnerships, are creative, a fan of social media and the performing arts? The position of Communications Manager at La Seizième is waiting for you!
START OF CONTRACT: October 16th, 2023
Summary of position
Reporting to the Artistic and Managing Director, the Communications Manager of Théâtre la Seizième is someone with strong interpersonal communication skills, experience in data management and analysis, fluency in French, and who demonstrates initiative and creativity. The Communications Manager is responsible for, among other things, developing and implementing communication plans and strategies, managing the website and social media, developing and implementing a compliancy strategy for personal data protection services (Loi 25 Québec), managing and updating the CRM, and establishing partnerships to promote the company’s visibility. As part of their work, the incumbent works closely with the current team, particularly with the Audience Manager and the Administrative Director.
Summary of responsibilities
- Develops the communication strategy for the company, the season, and individual productions
- Devises the CRM management strategy, including personal data protection and compliance with evolving Canadian legislation (Loi 25 Quebec, BCIPC Act, etc.)
- Manages and maintains the website, including its integration with the ticketing platform
- Oversees the production of necessary communication and promotional materials
- Develops content and manage the company’s website and social media
- Drafts various documents, articles, and messages in both French and English, including press kits, releases, and show materials
- Manages public and press relations; negotiates, prepares, and manages media agreements; solicits and manages interview requests
- Develop partnerships aimed at promoting the company and expanding its audience
- Analyzes data from the website, Google Analytics, and statistics provided by social media platforms.
- Creates, disseminates, and analyzes the annual survey, ensuring the respectful handling of data.
- Participates in grant application writing, as needed
- Develops an annual sponsorship plan and establishes financial partnerships based on defined objectives
Requirement and professional experience
- University degree in communications, arts, media, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a communication and data management role
- Demonstrated skills in legal text analysis
- Demonstrated skills in data and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated abilities in public relations and community management
- Excellent proficiency in French and excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge and/or demonstrated interest in the artistic field, particularly in the performing arts
- Graphic design skills are an asset
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Organized, proactive, creative, and strategic
- Holds a work permit in Canada
- Knowledge of the following software/applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, CRM Tuxedo and Mailchimp, Adobe Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, AirTable (an asset)
- Full-time permanent contract – 35 hours per week; flexible hours
- Two weeks of holidays per year, three after 3 years of employment
- A health benefits plan
- A welcoming, dynamic and motivating work environment
- Starting Annual Salary – $45,000 to $48,000 per year, depending on experience
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter in French detailing your interest in this position, by email, to: email@example.com. We will only contact candidates to be interviewed. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Théâtre la Seizième is keen to have a competent and diverse staff. Applications from any qualified individuals are welcome. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: September 24th, 2023, 11:59PM, Pacific standard time.