We’re hiring: Interim Audience Manager
Are you customer service-oriented, have sales or ticket management experience, and are passionate about the arts? Join our team during the maternity leave of our Audience Manager! We offer a healthy and respectful work environment, employee benefits and flexible working hours. You will work for a dynamic company with multiple projects that aims to share the best of francophone theatre.
REMUNERATION: $38,000 to $43,000, depending on experience – Full-time (35 hrs/week).
The Audience Manager may be expected to work some evenings and weekends.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11 months, from November 22nd, 2021 until the end of October, 2022
Under the supervision of the Administrative Director, the Audience Manager will oversee ticketing and school sales, as well as the maintenance and development of la Seizième’s various audiences.
- BOX OFFICE
- Configure and program the ticketing system
- Develop and implement sale strategies for subscriptions and single tickets
- Facilitate targeted group sales
- Maintain and update box office system/CRM
- Manage Box Office and Front of House on show evenings
- Prepare various reports, analyze tools and sales reports
- SCHOOL PROGRAMMING
- Develop communication and sales strategies for school partners
- Manage school show sales and organize tour
- Sell and manage drama workshops in schools
- Prepare and distribute study guides to schools
- Coordinate “Projet Pont” discussions and activities
- PUBLIC RELATIONS/CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Coordinate annual communication mail-out (brochures, letters, posters, etc.)
- Maintain and develop relationships with La Seizième various audiences
- Maintain relationships with schools and teaching staff
- OTHER ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Participate in special projects throughout the season
- Support the communication department
- Perform some secretarial duties at the office
- Relay community information to staff and artists
- Fluency in spoken and written French
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work both on a team and independently
- Ease of building relationships with the public
- Sales experience, experience in ticketing management, or in the arts and culture industry
- Organized, versatile, resourceful, outgoing, and creative
- Valid Canadian work permit
- Knowledge of the following software: MS Word, MS Excel, Gmail, MailChimp. Previous experience with a ticketing system required.
How to apply?
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, by email, to: email@example.com
We will contact candidates to be interviewed. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Théâtre la Seizième is keen to have a competent and diverse staff. Applications from any qualified individuals are welcome. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 29, 2021, 10 pm (Pacific Time).